Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"Tennessee Tuxedo Will Not Fail!"


A slogan I still find myself using when I'm pretty sure I don't stand a hope in Hell. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm really depressed. I just found out Don Adams died. He was 82, I think. What's really sad about the whole thing is I thought he already was dead. Many people know and love Mr. Adams for what he did as Maxwell Smart in that old 60s TV staple get smart, and as much as I enjoyed that show, I'll always remember him for being the voice of the one and only Tennessee Tuxedo.

In the 60s, there was a rash of cartoons that were ahead of the game that both kids and adults could enjoy for different reasons and Tennessee Tuxedo, who was sandwiched between the adventures of Underdog, was one of my favorites. I'll watch them today and they're still funny. I watch the shows my kids watch these days and, at the risk of sounding like my father, they're pretty much crap by comparison to what was on TV in my day. I doubt if they'll even be remembered. Time'll tell, I suppose, but I'm not betting on any of 'em.

Don Adams will be missed, but never forgotten...

No comments: