Sunday, October 23, 2005

Watchin' Too Much TV

Okay, so it's occured to me that with not a lot of creative duties on my plate, I find myself watching too much TV. Hell, I'm watchin' TV I can't even stand just because it's there. Surface, for instance, is a show I hate to watch and watch to hate. In my last little rant, I bashed a bunch of the new shows this '05 season, claiming there's little in the way of programming worth watching. I have however found two exceptions that are not only worth watching, but brilliantly executed. The first is NBC's My Name Is Earl, starring Jason Lee of Kevin Smith movie fame, about a bad guy trying to go good. It's funny, well-written and well acted, so I look forward to it being cancelled any day now. The second is one of Cartoon Network's fifteen-minute-long segments during their Sunday night Adult Swim format. I'm not exactly sure if fifteen minutes qualifies it as a show, but hell, it's good TV, so that's gotta count for something. Anyway, it's called Squidbillies and it's about, yeah, you guessed it, hillbilly squids. I don't think I need say anything more.



No comments: