Thursday, November 10, 2005

Revenge of the Sith

I don't go to the movies anymore. At least not like I used to. Back about the time Titanic and Godzilla were raking in the bucks at the box office, I began to get really particular about my movies. One big-budget craptacular after another finally made me realize there were damn few movies being made anymore that were worth my hard-earned cash. And when it came time for Episode One of the prequal Star Wars trilogy, I was utterly depressed. I wasn't too thrilled with Episode Two, either.

Such a thing wasn't the case with Episode Three. The special effects were mind-blowing. The plot, though a bit rushed, was true to Star Wars form. Lots of action, drama and, most important, Wookies! I was thrilled to see Chewbacca, in a tie with R2D2 as being my favorite Star Wars character back in the day. I love characters who could literally rip your arm off and beat you with it. Chewie's appeal I'm sure has something to do with my love for Big Foot, the Sasquatch and the Yeti, but that's a whole 'nother story.

The most valuable lesson to be learned in Episode Three? Never try to sneak up on Yoda.

I hope you weren't expecting too much out of this edition to the ol' blog, after all, I was the last person on the planet to see this movie so there's not a lot I can possibly say about it that hasn't already been said. I was pleasantly surprised by it and that's saying a lot for me.

No comments: