Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Do Requests

Trenched in a number of comic book projects as I am, I decided to take the week off and just do pin-ups, sketches, etc, for the fun of it, so I asked a couple random people I know what they would like me to draw. The thing I enjoy about this is, like doing pictures at comic book conventions, you just never know what people are gonna ask for. One particular conventioneer just gives me a big-ass sheet of paper and asks me to draw any Marvel character. I like that guy!

So far, I've gotten Nik wanting a picture of DC's Creeper (below), whom I'd never drawn before and after seeing the sweet version Nik has by Daniel Brereton, I don't know why he even bothers to collect any others.
My favorite part is the hood ornament. Once I did it, I had to put the Penquin in the car. That's just how my mind works.

"I want you to draw me with a skull and make me look hot," was my wife's request (like that's difficult). I got a bit of a Sharpie-high off of this one but it's the best skull I've ever done.
I got a request from Nicole McClain for and Angelina Jolie drawing. Sheesh! Sometimes, you get what you ask for. In this case, it's the challenge of the thing. Check back soon, boppers...

No comments: