Saturday, March 11, 2006

More Colors!

There ain't much I can say about my friends that I haven't said already, but I've said it before and I'll say it again: Nik Havert was wise to bring Joe Fuentes on board as colorist for The Three Keys #2. I love good, solid colors and as you can see from the page to your right, Joe delivers just that.

It's funny to see your stuff colorized when you've always imagined it in black and white. Even when I'm drawing a picture in my head (that's where I do most of my work), I don't think in terms of color, so to speak.
Too many comics these days are over colored with layers and layers of shading to achieve an almost painted look, overpowering the original drawings. Joe uses just the right amound of highlights to achieve the same animated look that I go for with my drawings. I mean, look at this stuff! It could totally be a cartoon!

Keep up the great work, Mr. Fuentes.

Keep it here, boppers.

No comments: