Saturday, August 05, 2006

Better Late Than Never

Over a year ago, at the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund auction at the spring Motor City Comicon, Nik bought this original Matt Feazell sketch of comic bookdom's first family, the Fantastic Four. Nik knows what a fan I am of Matt and his work, the guy's a true pioneer in the field of independant comics. If you're ever in my house, you'll see examples of Matt's genius almost everywhere. I can't go on enough about the guy. The Inkslinger shares my "hero worship" as well.

Anyway, about the picture. I'd meant to post it after Nik gave it to me, but as John Lennon once said: Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. So, here it is, over a year later and I'm finally getting around to posting the Human Torch, the Invisible Girl, Mister Fantastic and the ever-lovin', blue-eyed Thing. Even my kids like this one.

No comments: