Thursday, February 15, 2007

The One That Started It All

I've wanted to share this painting with you gentle boppers for quite some time, but never felt that the time was right.
Back in '04, I painted this picture of Arissa's favorite Power Puff Girl for her as she was getting ready to leave us and go to school out of state.
It was the first time I'd picked up a brush that wasn't to paint a house since high school nearly two decades ago.
Well, she loved it but we later found out the school wouldn't allow her to bring it. It was some sort of religious rule, I guess. Well, their loss as it sits prominently displayed atop my computer desk, beside my 12" Taylor (from Planet of the Apes) action figure and my Frank Frazetta's "Death Dealer" statue.
Since doing this painting, I've gone on, with my wife's encouragement, to do many more paintings for friends and family.

Keep it here, boppers.

No comments: