Friday, February 09, 2007

R.I.P. Anna Nicole Smith

She was a "True Hollywood Story" in the making, one we knew wouldn't end well. From humble beginnings to a meteoric rise in fame to a Eriwn Allanesque disastrous ending, love her or hate her, everyone knew who she was. Anna Nicole's life played out like a 1950s Hollywood starlet, forever immortalized in a tragic tale that will mutate over time but will never be forgotten. I'll admit I was a fan of her Guess Jeans ads and own her Playboy issues and her reality show was one of my guilty pleasures. I often called her a "pink train wreck," something you couldn't look away from. I empathized with the tragedy of her last remaining days, from the death of her son to her own sad end. I'm sure the world hasn't heard the last of her bizarre life as the news channels and tabloids will bleed every drop from it they can and therein lay the true tragedy of it all. I guess the moral of her life story would be never give a hillbilly too much money.




And as a parting shot (every pun intended), here's one for my "girls with guns" segment.

No comments: