Monday, May 28, 2007

Hollywood Heroes Update #9

Okay, this post is technically a Hollywood Heroes update, but it's a bit of a stretch. It's more just an excuse to show off a couple of drawings I did today. The one on your left is White Cherri, super spy sexpot extraordinaire and a possible player in a future sequel to Hollywood Heroes. "A sequel?" you ask. "But," you're thinking, "Hollywood Heroes isn't even in print yet!" Well, in the grand George Lucasian sense of the term sequel, White Cherri will possibly be appearing in book four(ish) of my ongoing series revolving around the rise of super heroes and the Martian invasion of over five hundred years ago, but likely I'll be dead before the book's ever done as it's taken me this long to even get book one started. Confused? Me too!

And to your right is my first attempt at the 1963(ish) variation of Marvel Comics' Black Widow (back when she was a bad girl manipulating that poor sap Hawkeye. This drawing, like the forthcoming painting, has been a long time coming. Google is good for a lot of things, but I'd had poor luck over the past year tracking down images of the femme fatal. I finally picked up the Iron Man Essentials Vol. I (half off, I might add) which, along with having some of my favorite stories of ol' Shell Head's early adventures, had ample images of the beautiful Russian she-spy.

On a related note, Nik Havert, whom I'm beginning to feel is the real nemesis, asked me why I haven't challenged Uko Smith to a Black Widow draw-off! My response? I'm not crazy! But, Uko, if you're reading this and you want to throw your hat into the ring, I'll be glad to email you some scans of Black Widow. Maybe we could do a set of drawings and auction them off somewhere for the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. What do you say?

No comments: