Saturday, January 03, 2009

Cover Your Ears, Mortals! Black Bolt Speaks!

Last year at S.P.A.C.E. I asked Tom Scioli, whose personal mission it seems is to keep Jack Kirby alive and preserve the pure spirit of comic books, to draw Black Bolt of the Inhumans for me. He said something like, "I was looking for an excuse to draw Black Bolt."

My intent was to ink it when I found the time, but it was almost a year before that happened and by then, I'd misplaced it in the Big Move. Well, I found it at the very bottom of a box marked "art" over this Christmas break, one of the few times of the year when I don't even attempt any "serious" art. Between my kids being home and the Holidays, there's almost no time for that, but I gotta do something just to keep in practice.

And here it is inked by yours truly. I added the background and sparkles coming from that wacked-out tuning fork on his forehead.

Keep it here, boppers.

No comments: