Monday, July 20, 2009

The Epic of BIO-WULF!

For years, I've played around with the idea of a "wide-screen" comic. It finally happened awhile back with "Salem, AZ," a book I'm working on with my good friend Nik Havert of Pickle Press and artist-in-arms Bill "Inkslinger" Wilkison (both of whom you can find links to on your right). It proved to be not only an artistic challenge for myself, but a publishing challenge for Nik. Nik's challenges are hopefully at an end with the first issue, which has had so many problems I believe the book to be cursed. But my motto has always been "Nothing worth having ever came without a fight."

My first attempt at "wide-screen" was an online comic I did a preview for several years ago now called "The Epic of Bio-Wolf." My Sweedish friend Mike of the rock band Badmouth, back in 2001, asked me to make him into a super hero. "The world just needs more heroes," he told me. This was just a few months after 9-11 and he, like the rest of the world, was feeling a bit defeated. So, Bio-Wulf was born. Here, for the hell of it if nothing else, is that preview...













1 comment:

Nessuno said...

very nice, very interesting!