Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Quest Continues...

Failure isn't necessarily failing, it's learning how not to do things that way.  That said, in my family's attempt at creating low-sodium, MSG and TBHQ-free chicken ramen noodles, my daughter Arlaux and I followed the recipe I found to the letter and found it damn near inedible and wound up in the trash.  The second batch, which we tweaked quite a bit, however, came closer.  Our goal is to create a method with which even someone as culinarily-challenged as my son The Toad can come home from school and, within five minutes, be sucking down a bowl of noodles instead of grazing on a bag of chips the way a horse straps on a feed bag.  

Why, you might ask, are we going through so much trouble?  Because chicken ramen noodles are awesome.  

Duh!  

Stay tuned for further details. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is TBHQ? And don't they make organic Top Ramen?

Paul E. Schultz said...

If they do, I haven't found it.