Monday, September 19, 2005

What's Lyin' Around the Studio This Month...

Having recently wrapped up my penciling/inking chores (like it was work!) on The Three Keys for Pickle Press has freed up some time to pursue other artistic interests, including a Big 'Fro Brown story for Robert Swinton. I'm currently muddling through a script for the story with Robert as I write this. The working title is In the Dark and I'm totally stoked! Robert has been instrumental in getting me up off my creative ass. Thanks, buddy.

Another project is a pin-up for Rafael Navarro's amazing Sonambulo (not to be confused with Bill Wilkison's Amazing Walter)! To your right is a character study of Rafael's paranormal investigating lucha Sonambulo done by yours truly. If the picture looks familiar, that's because it's a total (and shamelesss) tribute to the famous photograph of Robert E. Howard. Joe Fuentes is currently working on an inked version of this picture. I swear, I could scribble on a coctail napkin and the guy'd want to ink it! I'm going to start posting some of the stuff of mine that he's colorized on my "Art of Studio 831" page soon.

As many of you know, back in November, Barbi and I lost our ten-year-old daughter Arissa in a terrible car accident. I'm currently putting together a comic book deticated to her memory and featuring Ursala the Dream Fairy. Arissa, who was blessed with a vivid imagination, was also cursed with vivid nightmares, so Barbi, in a total burst of inspiration, thought up this dream fairy who took away the nightmares of little children and replaced them with good dreams. After that, Sissy never had a nightmare again. Ursala the Dream Fairy (as it's currently being called) is a labor of love. I'll soon be posting pages.

I haven't painting anything lately, maybe I should start that, huh?

Well, that pretty much sums up things around here. I'd like to thank Nik, Bill, Joe, Rafael and Robert for all their help, support, inspiration and for just plain being there. All you guys are champs! If you don't know who they are, go to my "Friends" page. Tell 'em I sent ya.

Peace!

No comments: