Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Which Witch Is Which?

The following story is based on actual events.

So, there I was, talking to the incomperable Matt Feazell at this year's Mid-Ohio Con, when an exstatic Nik Havert, calls me back to our table to show me something. I can barely make out what he's saying due to his enthusiasm. In the time I've known him, I've grown accustom to such zealousness.

"Look!" he says, frantically flipping through my portfolio to settle on one particular page, a splash page to a preview of a story we're working on. "It's her!" he says. "It's our witch!"

I had to admit he was right, for there, strolling down the aisle, was the stunning Nicole McClain, every inch the vision I'd put on paper for Nik's and my up-coming comic Salem, AZ. I was rendered speachless, but we managed to beckon her to our table, where she was gracious and patient enough with us to pose for this picture. She claimed it looked more like Angelina Jolie (No offense to Miss Jolie, but as if!). She asked if she could have the picture and if I'd mind signing it. It was a photocopy so that wasn't a problem, but I probably would've given her the original just the same.

That coulda been the end of it, but Nik, God bless'im, wouldn't let it go. Miss McClain has agreed to be our "real life" Kerry Connelly. Exactly what that entails is entirely up to Nic and Nik, I'm just thrilled she's on board!

I'd like to take just a moment to thank Dave Nestler (like he'd read this little blog) for having the eye to spot her in the first place. You can check out his website here, but be warned, it contains adult material (Yeah, that'll stop the kids from checkin' it out).

No comments: