Monday, March 27, 2006

Big Honkin' News!

Big news, boppers!
Those of you who are regulars to my lil ol' blog (all eight of you), you've probably noticed I've been conspicuously missing. Well, there's been a lot going on this year and I haven't been able to commit myself to my art as much as I'd like. But things are about to change.
As of April 8th, just one day short of my birthday, I'll be taking an extended hiatus from my day job! The leave of absence is an attempt to not only concentrate on my art, but pick up the pieces of my life as well. My wife Barbi and I have had a difficult row to hoe these past few months, so hopefully taking time off will help us get back on track.
So, that means, among other things, I get to call myself a "professional artist" for awhile! Such a nice ring to it!
I don't mind telling you, though, I'm scared shitless. "Don't give up your day job," is advice I give, tongue in cheek, all the time and now here I am doing just that.
So, I'm a little nervous, but I'm just gonna follow the sage advice of Joe Cabbott in Reservoir Dogs: "Just shit your pants and dive right in and swim."
So, that's what I'm gonna do.
Wish me luck.
I don't have much in the way of new art to show off here today, so in the meantime, feast your eyes on the latest sample of Salem, AZ coloring sent to me by "Crazy" Joe Fuentes. It's actually the last page of the Salem, AZ preview that will be running as a backup story in the second issue of The Three Keys.

Joe is working off of very few color cues from Nik Havert and myself with 3Ks #2 and turning out some really good-looking stuff. Although I'd always pictured Kerry's shirt an off white color, this dark red he chose offers up an interesting look for our six-gun witch.

Keep it here, boppers...

No comments: